The Complete Set
Get every project, all of the templates and tutorials, and exclusive Slack access.
AND, you’ll automatically get any new projects I release in the future, completely free.
- Fortune Teller. See into the future by building a fortune-teller app that provides answers to any question.
- Drum Machine. Make, record, and loop your own beats by building a drum machine app.
- Peg Art Game. Channel your inner artist and build a peg art game. Place colored pegs onto a game board to create beautiful pictures.
📱Read in DRM-free ebook format or watch streaming HD video on any device.
How it works
There are two ways you can approach this project:
- Try to build it on your own. I provide you with a template to get started, and some recommended articles and resources to help you along the way. When you're done, check out my completed project to see how you did.
- Build it along with me. I'll walk you through how I would approach this project, step-by-step. I'll code in real-time, and explain what I'm doing and why.
BONUS: Don't go it alone! Get exclusive Slack access.
This is not available for sale at any price, and my students regularly tell me it's one of the most valuable things that comes with the projects.
- Learn modern best practices and code patterns.
- Spend less time Googling and more time working on cool stuff.
- Get the support you need to work through challenges.
- Work on real projects and build your portfolio.
Try it for free
Want to get a sense for what a project is like? Get a free copy of the Fortune Teller project guide in PDF format.
This isn't a sample chapter. It's the full guide. The paid version comes in more formats and includes the starter template and source code for the project.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
About the Instructor
Ready to buy?
- The Project Guides (in ebook format, streaming HD video, or both)
- Fortune Teller
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Peg Art
- The Starter Templates
- The Step-by-Step Tutorials
- Tips & Resources
- Exclusive Slack Access
- FREE Updates for Life
Preorder now and get instant access when it's available. This project is in development and will be completed soon.
Want to buy these for your whole team? I offer team licenses at a steep discount. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the project include new ES6 methods?
- Yes. Where applicable, I use new ES6 functions and browser APIs. I also include polyfills when available to push browser support as far back as possible.
- What happens if I buy a project and you release an update? Will I need to buy the new version, too?
- No. You get free updates for life, sent to you by email whenever new content is available.
- Do you offer team discounts?
- Yes! I offer team licenses at a steep discount. Send me an email at email@example.com to discuss your needs.
- Do you offer a student discount?
- Absolutely! This applies to anyone in any type of schooling, including evening classes and coding bootcamps. Learn more about student discounts.
- I have a poor exchange rate in USD. There's no way I can afford this.
- I totally get that in some countries salaries and cost of living are such that the projects are unaffordable. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you a discount to make it fair for where you live.
- I'm not a student. Any other discounts?
- Yep. I've had a lot of helping getting where I am, and I want to pay it forward. If you're a member of an under-represented group in tech, you can get special pricing. Learn more about discounts for under-represented groups in tech.
- Do you have a return policy?
- Absolutely! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the project, email me at email@example.com and I’ll give you a full refund.
- If I buy just one project and love it, can I upgrade to a bundle?
- Absolutely. Just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code for the difference between the two packages.
- If I buy the ebook and decide I'd also like the video series, can I upgrade?
- Absolutely. Just send me an email at email@example.com for a special discount code for the difference between the two formats.
- I lost or never received my download link. What do I do?
- Visit https://courses.gomakethings.com and create an account with the email address you used to make your purchase to access your downloads at any time.
- Are there any restrictions on the projects, templates, and source code?
- Nope. I trust you to do the right thing. My content is 100% DRM free. If you'd like to share the project with others, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about team pricing.
- Do I need any special tools or equipment to complete the projects?
- All you need to work with the starter template is a modern web browser and a text editor (I recommend VS Code). The project guide comes in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and HTML formats, so you can read it on any device you own.
- Are there any rules or requirements around the Slack team?
- Yes. You must be at least 18 years old, and read and agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
- I have another question.
- No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com.
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web. Join 7,000+ daily subscribers.